Real Time Web Analytics

Monday, November 7, 2011

Gooseberry Patch Recipe: Salmon

Another Gooseberry Patch recipe from "Slow Cookers, Casseroles & Skillets".

Speedy Salmon Sauce
This was an easy recipe.

Just a few ingredients.
NOTE:  The recipe called for cream of asparagus soup.
I looked everywhere and could not find it--not even an empty spot on the shelf.
So, I am convinced it doesn't exist anymore. So, I subbed cream of mushroom.
I also subbed in Miracle Whip for the mayo in the recipe. (We're a MW family.)

I bought a box of these pastry shells. 
These have to be pre-baked.

Then you basically combine all the sauce ingredients and stir, heating through. 

This meal wasn't my all-time favorite. But it was pretty good.
It was different, so that was a good thing... mix it up a little.



Hunk of Meat Mondays


2 comments:

  1. I'm coming over for dinner. Seriously, think looks yummy (again!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cream of asparagus...hmm, I don't think I have ever seen that either. This sounds like an interesting meal. You are braver than I at probably even trying it, but then again my husband looks at salmon the same way he looks at chicken, the don't make me eat it please look. I would have to make this for the kids and me. We would love it! Thanks for sharing on Hunk of Meat Monday.

    ReplyDelete